Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

~ Read with Us - Chapter 15 and 16 ~






Join us as we continue reading with Holly, In Faithfulness, He Afflicted Me, by Lynnette Kraft.

In these 2 Chapters Lynette speaks of the day before and the day sweet Anna passed away. I know this had to be difficult knowing that one day she would pass on. I have never had to have a service for a child of mine but I do know close friends and a family member that has. When Lynnette spoke of being to busy to be sad, it made me remember my Dad's Service.
I was extra close to my Dad and when things actually had to be done I was doing them making decsions that my Mom should have been making. She was so out of it and even though we had been prepared in one sense, you still are never ready to let that person go. I can remember being so busy, my Dad died at 6am on a Thursday morning and we had calling hours on Friday nite. It was a busy time the days all seemed to roll into one and before I knew it , it was Saturday afternoon and at 2pm was the service. I can remember being in the church for the service and sitting there thinking this is it. It all came so fast and before I knew it those 3 days were gone. So I can relate to Lynnette in that way. I can also relate to when Kyle spoke at Anna's service. I was the oldest child even though I was only 21. I spoke because I had alot I wanted to share of things that made my Dad that special person to me. I also know that my case wasn't like Kyle's it wasn't like my child but I felt inside Why my Dad ??? I'm still young but I was strong and spoke without any tears until we left the graveyard. I remember after the meal at our church I walked across the road (back to the graveyard ) before I went home and thought to myself , it was a good service and looked up at the sky and smiled. I know to without God with me I could never have handled all I did alone.



.

2 comments :

Holly said...

Those days are filled with so much that they pass quickly. It can be a lot to process.

Debbie said...

I have a really hard time just being at funerals and I couldn't imagine having to speak at one, especially if it was for someone I knew or loved. Lynnette's husband had spoken in front of people a lot (being a youth pastor) but I was pretty amazed he would speak at Anna's funeral. You were so brave to say things for your dad's service. I admire you. ~Debbie

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio