Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Walking With You - Praising God





Walking With You was created to help support those who have lost a child. Together we share stories , helpful information , scriptures , encouraging words , prayer requests , and more. Thank-you to those of you who have joined us for the past few weeks ..... for courageously sharing your stories. If you haven't joined us yet , and would like to, you are more than welcome.

This month we are sharing on how we can Praise God through it all. You can share your favorite verse, Attribute, or your own idea.

This is my favorite Hymn of all time. I love the way I feel when I sing it.

" In The Garden "

It has always gave me such a peaceful feeling and also praising God. I can remember my first miscarriage as I laid in the E.R. all alone and scared to death of it all. I could feel God there so much. When I was taken to have the ultrasound done and then knowing I needed the D & C and I never had surgery before. I could feel him right there. I thought of this song just before I was put to sleep and it helped thinking of the Chorus.

I know that sometimes when I have some alone time and I'm thinking how much God has blessed me I can think of this song again and Praise his name because no matter what the problem is GOD IS ALWAYS THERE.

" In The Garden "

I come to the garden alone
while the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses,

Chorus
And He walks with me,
and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own,
and the Joy we share
as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

2.
He speaks, and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing,

Chorus

3.
I'd stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go;
through the voice of woe,
His voice to me is calling.

Chorus

Also I love the song " How Great Thou Art "

I remember when I was growing up and my teenage years were spent going to the Dr for ultrasounds because of painful periods and such. Always being told I could never get pregnant or if I did I would never carry a child. I always loved kids and it broke my heart.

Today I can Praise God for giving me the chance to be a Mother. I have 6 children 4 on earth and 2 in heaven. I praise God for all he has blessed me with and the Hope of one day going to heaven to meet my babies I never got the chance to know here. Yes it has been tough especially when there are those that don't think a miscarriage counts or just wondering what a few more footsteps would make in our home. God is the giver of life and the taker away and I still Praise God for all I have been given.

God Bless
Caroline

7 comments :

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Such beautiful hymns full of praise...It is so true that He never leaves us alone! Thank you for sharing this, dear friend...

Debbie said...

That's a great hymn! It's wonderful hearing that you know God is so close to you when you need him. ~Debbie

Jennifer Ross said...

When I read your words, I can definitely feel that you trust the Lord and love Him, no matter what. I miss those extra set of feet too.....

Karen said...

I have always loved the hymn "In the Garden"! Even as a child it brought me great comfort knowing that God was always there and He walks with me and He talks with me!This song always seemed to make God more real to me!

Thanks for sharing,
Karen

Holly said...

I remember singing In The Garden in the church I grew up in. Hymns are so soothing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these songs. I love both of them - In the Garden was played at my baby's funeral and it was one of my favorites before then. I went to a Billy Graham crusade one time and heard George Beverly Shea sing "How Great Thou Art" - Beautiful!
God Bless, Sarita Boyette
sboyette@tx.rr.com

Lea said...

This is such a beautiful hymn. Can't say I have heard it before...
Lovely post, Caroline

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio