Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Our School Kids



Well today's post is all about the kiddos at the Croley House.

Bright and early this morning I went to school at 7:20am for Parent/Teacher Conference. I started out w/ My oldest Ridge. It was good and just as I expected. There was a little bad but nothing that we can't work on and that's the way we learn and become a better person. Ridge is in a class for above level normal student. He loves to write stories and someday wants to write a book. He has said that since first grade and so I always tell him that's great. I enjoy Ridge's teacher so much anyway. She is a christian and so much fun to chat with. I want to share one of the neat things that she shared w/ me this morning it was Ridge's caring attitude. There is a little boy in the class that needs alot of patience and Ridge seems to be the only student that spends anytime w/him. That made feel great. Also Ridge came up with the idea that everyone bring in a dollar right after the Haiti earthquake and here the class ended up with almost $75.00. They have 18 students, so Awesome. Sure made me proud.

At 7:50 I went to my daughter Marie's class and she has 2 teachers but they have 33 kids too. She is also doing very well and of course she just got Student Spotlight a couple weeks ago. She has a couple areas to work on but that's ok. Her teachers said she was very caring and helpful too. I have to share this sorta funny. A boy that dropped his crayons the other day and Marie helped him pick them up. The teacher seen it and he kissed Marie on the cheek. The teacher said it was just so cute. I would have loved to been there. Can't wait til Marie comes home today. :)

Jennifer was my last one at 8:10 and of course I see her teacher more often since she is in Kindergarden, so I knew this would be a breeze. She called Jennifer a Gem in class and very helpful. She knows all her letters and sounds. She is reading a low level first grade book. The teacher said with older siblings it didn't surprise her. Jennifer reads to Carly a lot and of course Carly pays so much attention. Jennifer also is a little shy but I'm sure things will change before long.

So all in all it was a great morning and I'm glad everyone is doing great. So hard to believe the school year is half over.

God Bless
Caroline

5 comments :

trennia said...

That's AwEsOmE!!!

Holly said...

It sounds like your kids are doing very well! They are so kind and caring!!

Debbie said...

That really impresses me that the teachers notice your children's positive behavior and I bet you feel great as a mom right now!!! When my daughter's teacher says she is helpful and good in class, I go, "Melanie? My Melanie?" LOL

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You should be very proud.

Lilly's Mom (Desiree) said...

awww sounds like you have an awesome family!!!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio