Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sweet Comment and Recipe

Yesterday I made some Vegetable Soup in the Crockpot & I thought since I had a sweet comment for the recipe I would post it. It was good & we only had a couple bowls left. For my gang I usually have to double it. I love my crockpot , my life saver sometimes. Also most of the time I use fresh carrots , potatoes & just skip the onion soup mix and just use real onions. I just had some salt & pepper to taste because the meat adds it's own flavor. I sorta just play around with recipes and I hardly ever measure. My hubby says it always tastes fine but he couldn't do it that way , Lol.

Hope you enjoy it.

Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Soup

Ingredients
1 pound cubed beef stew meat
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 (15 ounce) can green beans
1 (15 ounce) can carrots with juice
1 (15 ounce) can sliced potatoes with juice
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (1.25 ounce) package beef with onion soup mix
salt and pepper to taste
Directions
1.Place meat, corn, green beans, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, soup mix, and salt and pepper to taste into the slow cooker; stir to combine.
2.Cook on LOW for at least 8 hours. Add water if necessary.

Yield 6 servings
Photobucket

2 comments :

trennia said...

Yummy, thanks for sharing!

betty said...

That looks delicious, Caroline! And so easy to make! I can see why it would be a hit in your household! thanks for sharing the recipe! I'm definitely going to give it a try some time!

betty

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio