Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spring Program / Garden Work


Jennifer's program was terrific. All those first graders just singing there hearts out. I didn't get a chance to take a picture. There are three first grade classes and then you add parents & family. Everyone trying to get a picture. She looked nice a nice blue dress w/lots of flowers on it. I was gonna take her picture when we got home but no such luck. She already changed for bed. It was a half hour long. The last song they sang was for the parents a Thank you song for being there for them & helping. I cry easy and well of course it got to me. Happy tears I told my husband. The music teacher remarked on how fast the year has went and how much the students have blossomed. You could really tell tonight.

On another note the garden work went so well today that I'm going back tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be wonderful and I enjoyed letting the children help me. Well if they were all caught up on there work and being good she would send 3 or 4 outside. Of course Thaniqua told me on the way home that most of the kids in her class think I'm just the coolest Mom. Even without that I enjoyed myself.

The school is also having a garden work day on Sunday from 2pm - 6pm and a great part for me is a cookout afterwards. Hamburgers/Hot Dogs for all that work plus of course chips and Soda. Also means I get out of cookin. Yay !!!!!! I think it is great to get involved and bring your child to learn to. Make a wonderful family memory together too.

Photobucket

2 comments :

Kristin said...

Sounds like a great program. I know what you mean about crying.....I have to hold back the tears anytime I see my girls performing at school or dance. Ha! Hope you have fun at the cookout.....sounds like fun!

betty said...

that is fun to go and help out at school and then get fed too!! I would promote such an activity myself!! How cool Thaniqua's friends said you were a cool mom!! Sounds like a great program for Jennifer too! I'm sure I'd be wiping the tears away myself!

enjoy the weekend!

betty

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio