Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Growing Up


My son Ridge is growing up. He turned 11 yrs old in Feb.
I just can't believe in just a couple weeks he will be in the 5th grade already. I thought I just sent him to Kindergarten the other day. :)

Well Friday was a Huge day for me. Wednesday night Ridge asked me if Thaniqua and him could go to the movies with a couple girls our neighbors. I at first was like I don't know. The one neighbor girl her Mom was going to drop them off and pick them up. I trust her I guess it's just that Letting Go. The movie they were going to see was HOP a movie that came out at Easter time. The other girl that was going likes Ridge. Those 2 girls are in middle school but are well mannered. I decided to let them go. The movie theater they went to was only three dollars a piece so that was even better.

It's just hard to believe that they are becoming that grown up. Ridge is very grown up anyway. His last reading level test was at 10th grade level. He is a very bright child and I'm so proud.

I know this is just the begining of things yet to come. I also told Ridge that I'm glad he included his sister in the deal but not to expect to make this a habit , Lol. They all had a good time and a safe time. They were only gone 2 hrs but it felt longer. Paul laughed a little but he said one thing we care about our children and I know they will never just run like so many teenagers. It's just hard Children grow up faster than I did and know more at a young age.

One last thing if you would please keep our family in your prayers we are having issues with Paul's son Jared that lives with us. Very stressful time for us. I know that God is watching over us just , tough times /tough love.
Photobucket

6 comments :

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Now that was not easy for you. I remember those days with my children and it's so hard to let go. Glad they were able to go and it was sweet that he invited his sister.
Keeping all of you in my prayers.

Tiffany said...

Thank you so much for participating in the Face of Loss, Faces of Hope May Blog Hop.....we're so honored you shared your blog with us!

Transitions can be so hard. It's nice that you were able to grant their request to go to the movies, though I know it was probably hard for you as a mom. I will keep your family in my prayers as you deal with this rough patch.

xoxo
Tiffany

Kristin said...

Keeping you in my prayers :)

betty said...

good for you, Caroline, I know this had to be hard for you to "let go" and let them go go the movies! Sounds like they did have fun together! I think Ridge has a very good head on his shoulders so I would imagine if something went wrong there, he would have known what to do or how to get help!

keeping you in my prayers!

betty

Sarita Boyette said...

It's hard to let go, I know. Can't believe he will be a 5th grader! And I love that his reading level is so high - I know he is smart and you have helped too, by pushing reading.

Holly said...

I'm sure they appreciated you letting them go. :)

Sending a prayer!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio