Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

School Issues & Praying


Lately things have been frustrating , Home and school. So much going on.

Yesterday I had to go to school a bit early to talk to Thaniqua's teacher , one of the girls Thaniqua has to do a report with isn't helping. So Thaniqua and I got things all worked out. Yay !!

Then I went out front of the school to get Ridge. He told me I have got something to tell you. He always does so I wasn't to worried. On the way home he told me what happened ??????? I could hardly believe what he said. If you have read my blog for a while Ridge has had a hard year with his teacher. We have prayed and grades are still good it's just her social issue as a teacher.

Yesterday really got to me. A boy in Ridge's class was not doing his work. Ridge told me the teacher asked him to get busy a few times. Well after asking and asking ..... she got upset and called him a smartass. Ridge and some of the other children heard what was said. Ridge said to the teacher , Now was that the right thing to do or say ?? Ridge knew it was wrong. The teacher went back to her desk and then a couple hrs later she said she was sorry to the boy that she called a name.

Paul and I had had a long discussion w/ Ridge. This morning I went to school with the children. I talked to Thaniqua's teacher and so did Ridge. She wrote everything down and then took it to the office. I don't know what will happen but I hope that they talk to her. I hope that no other child has to ever go through that. I went more because I didn't know if the child that actually had it said to would tell his parents. I felt like a tattle tail but Paul said you care and that's the difference. I hope things all get worked out. I'm so proud of Ridge for standing up for his classmate. I'm just praying and giving it all to God to help get things worked out.

On the bright side this morning while I was there I found out we will be able to continue at that school since it is not the school we are zoned for. Yay I know the children will all be happy.
Photobucket

4 comments :

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I will pray that everything works out. So glad you get to go back, it is a pretty awesome school.

Mary said...

I hope everything gets worked out.

betty said...

I never like when kids have to work together on a project because there always seems to be one that doesn't "pull their weight"; glad you got that worked out with Thaniqua. I have to say the teacher's choice of comments in Ridge's class surely was not the most appropriate one. I am glad Ridge did stand up for his friend. Teaching is a hard job and if someone is not cut out for it, it surely can make it a very hard year for all involved!

I am glad though you guys get to continue at that school though!

betty

Holly said...

Wow that def was right for the teacher to behave that way. Way to go Ridge on sticking up for your classmate!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio