Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday's Walk - Every Woman's House



It's Wednesday's Walk .........

A look back at something special anything that has some special meaning to you. Just click on the button to join in.

This post is about a tough time in my life , but one that I could see how good God is everyday. Remembering this also makes me think of how strong you can be when you have to be.

This past week I was watching a show on TV , where a young girl had been beaten by her boyfriend. She was taken to the hospital by a friend. It brought back some memories of a time in my life. I was in a bad relationship with my older 2 children's father. It was hard and it wasn't real easy to walk away but knowing after myself getting beat on there was no way I could let something happen to those children God had blessed me with. So one day I got up the nerve and only took with me what I could get away with. Without much notice to there Father. A few days before I went to Every Woman's House ,in Wooster ,Ohio , I took some extra stuff to the sitter's. It was a hard time in my life but the shelter we went to I was able to still keep my job and had safety for us. I lived a pretty much normal life there. Had to do a chore in the morning and one at night plus see a counselor once a week. We stayed there for almost 3 months until we felt it was safe and I had went through the court system. I'm so glad there was something like that and that God was with us always through all of it.

Here is one of my favorite verses :

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Philippians 4:13 (KJV)
God Bless

12 comments :

Jenilee said...

that is one of my favorite verses too! thanks for sharing your story with us! Have a great day!

Lori said...

Sharing this story could help others! Very powerful!

Debbie Petras said...

Oh my Caroline, how difficult that must have been. So glad that you were able to cling to the Lord through it all. By sharing with others what you went through, maybe someone else will be helped in the process.

Blessings,
Debbie

Lilly's Mom (Desiree) said...

:-) you are so strong. thanks for sharing that!

Holly said...

I'm sure that was a difficult time and scary to think of leaving on your own with nowhere to go. I'm so glad places like the shelter you went to exist so that women have a safe place to run to.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so sad. So glad you had somewhere to go. ((HUGS)) God is good.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

I love that verse! Caroline that must have taken so much courage. Thanks for sharing this...it may encourage someone else who is walking this path and is too afraid to get help.

Blessings...

Melanie Eccles said...

wow. God is faithful.

April said...

I would like to think more woman would have the courage you did! Knowing your driving force was your children, what other choice did you have? Good for you!

Hope you are doing well!

PS - was that GH you were watching?

Linda said...

Sorry you went through that Caroline. I am glad you have Jesus and that He brought you a better life as you trusted in Him.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Kim said...

So glad to hear that you were able to leave and have such a great place to call home until you could do it on your own.

Kristie said...

I can't imagine how hard that must have been. You were so brave to leave and make a better life for you and your children!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio