Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

~ Walking With You - Memories ~




Walking With You was created to help support those who have lost a child. Together we share stories , helpful information , scriptures , encouraging words , prayer requests , and more. Thank-you to those of you who have joined us for the past few weeks ..... for courageously sharing your stories. If you haven't joined us yet , and would like to, you are more than welcome.

This week, we are sharing ways that we incorporate the memories of our children into our lives and family. We can also share any ministries, outreachs, or just beautiful ways that our children's lives have impacted the lives of others.

I had 2 miscarriages one on Feb 10, 2006 & one on Dec 1. 2007. So on the anniversary dates of our loss, we usually have some kind of special dessert. We also sing Jesus Loves Me & it's just a special time for all of us to talk & share feelings. Also since the dates our close to holidays I usually have a bowl of Hershey Kisses & Hugs sitting around to also remember our children by.

Also I just love inside water fountains. I found a neat one at Wal-Mart that had a candle in the middle. I bought one at the time cause that's all they had & a couple weeks later my husband came home from work and had got me another one just like it. So we decided that since watching them just gives us that peaceful feeling. That both of them are for our children we lost. I have one in our dining room and one in the living room where we are most of the time. The other children love the idea since we don't have a gravesite to visit. The other day our Jennifer who is 5 is always picking dandelions & there was one in each of the fountains. I asked her what is this, she said Mommy they are for the babies. I just broke into tears so cute.

At christmas we usually pick a girl & boy off a angel tree & buy a gift for Christmas. At our children's school right before Thanksgiving they make Thanksgiving baskets for families in need. The children usually take food but we also donate some packs of diapers, wipes & some cans of formula. We always think about those little ones that might need at the holiday season & it is a way for us to remember our little ones we never got to meet.

7 comments :

Holly said...

You do such great things to remember them. I am liking the dessert one especially! lol

trennia said...

so sweet

Debbie said...

This was a really cool post! I think singing would make me cry, but the other ideas were super. ~Debbie

Kelci said...

You are so sweet to leave such endearing comments on my blog. Thank you for that. I don't yet have any special things that we do at the anniversary since losing Bayli is still pretty recent, but you have some VERY wonderful ideas. Bayli has a grave site, but the child that we lost from miscarriage doesn't and my oldest asks why. I love the fountain idea. That might just be something that we look for and copy if you don't mind!
Hugs to you!
Kelci @ My Journey.....

Paige said...

I love the idea of the angel trees- it is nice to know you can help out another child, even in the absence of your own. our church does a similiar event at the beginning of school that i got to shop for! thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Ross said...

Very nice ways to keep your children's memory alive. It was so sweet what your daughter did with the flowers in each fountain. It's so important to never forget! God Bless.

~Jenny~

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Such lovely ways to remember your precious babies. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I was especially touched by the dandelions...the heart of a child is such a blessing.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio