Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Yesterday ~ So Numb

Yesterday was a sad day in Carson City , Nevada.

My heart is broken with so many others this day. Here you can read about yesterday by clicking on the link.

Nevada IHOP shooter was 'gentle, kind man'

Yesterday was my birthday & Paul told me on his way out the door I hope you have a nice quiet day that was about eight in the morning. I laughed quiet w/Carly. About a hr later this had happened in our town. We live about 10 min from the IHOP. I was scared even though I heard the shooter had shot himself. I prayed so hard that no one would die even though I knew that there would be. I first heard when I had checked my emails about 9:30. I so much wanted to go to the school and get my kids. I didn't I just wanted to know they were with me and safe.

Later I watched TV and a press conference. I went to get the kids at school about 3pm. They heard bits and pieces at school so on the way home we talked about it. I told them God is always there watching over us. Jennifer said Mom I wish those people could have been ok. I wish that too but God is the only one that knows what anyone of us has to deal with. He knows it all. It still is a shock what happened yesterday. It saddens my heart to know that families are feeling that pain of missing those that passed away yesterday. So today I pray for them. So many unanswered questions ?? So I will Hug my kids a little tighter for no one knows what might happen BUT GOD.

Photobucket

5 comments :

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It was a terrible tragedy. I don't understand this at all. So sorry you spent your birthday with such sadness on your heart. ((HUGS))
Happy Birthday!

Sarita Boyette said...

Caroline, that is terrible! I had not heard about this. I will be praying for the familes who lost loved ones & those who were injured. I wish it hadn't happened at all, especially on your BD. (((HUGS)))

betty said...

That was really close to you, Caroline. I know this will affect your whole town for a very long time. I know there was a shooting at a McDonald's about 10 miles from where I live now back in 1984, 22 people were killed. They had to tear down the McDonald's after that. I would imagine it could be similar for IHOP. Just so sad; you are right, just to pray and trust in God and hug your kids and love on them as you can.

betty

Mary said...

Oh my!!! That is so horrible!! Such an awful tragedy! I'm so sorry this happened on your birthday!! I'm so glad ya'll are safe. I will be thinking of those families who lost their loved ones to such a cruel act.

Linda said...

Well, I am so glad you weren't at the IHop. This is just an awful tragedy! I will pray for you and for all who were involved, and for those families who lost their loved ones. I saw it on the news. But it hadn't dawned on me that it was where you live Caroline. I'm so very sorry that it happened...and on your birthday too. {{Hugs}}

May God bring peace and comfort. Love, Linda

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio