Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day / Day 11 ~ Thankful



Would like to wish all the Veteran's out there a Happy Veteran's Day.

My Father and both of my Granfather's served. I also have my Uncle and my husband Paul that were in the service. I have friends that have family there now. I pray for them always.

Also to continue my 30 Days of Thankfulness I'm thankful for those that serve for our country.



Also I copied this letter the children brought home from school. I'm not sure you can read it to well but they had a great service at there school. It's nice that they go all out so the children can know the real meaning of the day. The kids were all excited for it and wore lots of Red , White and Blue. They also have No School today.



Happy Veteran's Day !!!!

2 comments :

trennia said...

That is awesome,I am too thankful for our Veteran's!

betty said...

I liked what the school did to honor veterans!! That was really neat!! I don't think I have ever heard of a school going to this extent to "celebrate" Veteran's Day like this! The names of veterans on the flag was a nice touch along with inviting a veteran to the ceremony and having their pictures display too! Wow!! awesome!! I too am thankful for all that have served in our country to protect our freedom!

betty

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio