Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Our Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was different. I wanted to try something new. I didn't buy a turkey. I just got a turkey breast. We have always had a turkey and it's hard for us to get it all ate. Paul's not big on dark meat and either are the kids. Jared won't eat Turkey so I always buy a few Ham slices. I put the turkey breast on at midnight and cooked it in the crock pot. When I got up the house smelled so good. I made breakfast and then I made homemade dinner rolls. The girls helped me it was really fun. We watched the parade and then ate about 2pm.

We live right beside Walgreens and they were open , so I walked over to see what they had on sale. I found two presents a piece for each of the kids and only spent $ 60 dollars. Paul was happy with it. I hadn't done anything yet. Last year at this time I was done. For some reason it just doesn't seem like it should be time.

This morning Paul , Carly and I went to Walmart to get groceries. We got there about Ten. It was so crazy. Paul has to work the rest of the weekend so I had to go today. We got a present for Carly so now all we have to do is finish the other kids. They stayed home with Jared while we went.

Today I finished putting up our Christmas stuff. We put our tree up last Sunday night. I never put it up before Thanksgiving but for some reason I just felt like it. So that was our thanksgiving and it went really well. I think from now on I will buy a Turkey Breast so much easier. Just a quiet couple days TOGETHER.

3 comments :

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the dark meat! It's my fav and I always claim it! lol

betty said...

good idea to get the turkey breast instead of the whole turkey, Caroline. We've done that before and I cook it in the crockpot too! It comes out so juicy that way I do think! Sometimes if I can find it, I'll make one during the year too; then I will use it in recipes that call for cooked chicken.

Good for you for getting a lot of stuff together for Christmas! You are right, it did kind of sneak up on us this year!

Glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

betty

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. We made a turkey breast during the year and I agree with you, it was so easy to make. We don't eat the dark meat either. Glad you got some shopping done. Enjoy your weekend.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio