Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

Wow the last couple days have been busy. We had a great Christmas. Just being together was terrific. Paul has been working alot and so we haven't seen much of Dad, so we all just hung out together on Christmas. I was really happy this Christmas for one I have been done since Nov w/shopping. I got everything wrapped early for prolly the first time ever. I only had a few last minute ones to wrap but it always seems like I stay up forever and wrap Christmas Eve. It prolly helped having Jennifer in Kindergarden cause I could wrap in the afternoon.

Anyway we got up and I got up a little earlier cause I made homemade cinnamon rolls. Everyone ate and then we read the Christmas Story out of the Bible. We opened up gifts which went pretty good. Carly decided the paper was more fun than the gifts but that was ok too. Kids got some nice toys and some nice clothes too. I try not to go overboard but since Grandma doesn't see the kids since our move she buys a little more than if we were back in Ohio. Thanx Grandma we loved it all.

For supper I made Ham and sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and green beans. Oh can't forget my homemade dinner rolls. Kids just loved those and of course we had cookies and cake Happy Birthday Jesus.

I almost forgot to call my family back in Ohio. We decided this year we would wait til later to call each other. I almost waited to late it was 6pm here which meant it was 9pm there. They do things and with the time differance it sometimes is tough to always connect.

But all in all we had a great Christmas together and just being home.

We did have a little surprise Teresa a lady I met when I first moved here called and said she had some gifts for the kids. I sometimes watch her niece once in a while or she comes over to play. Destiny is Ridge's age and a sweetheart. I haven't talked to her prolly since Sept or so. She got Ridge a skateboard and Jennifer a really cute doll baby and all it does is laugh. She got Marie some Winnie Pooh clothes and she got Carly a little Santa. So sweet of her.

3 comments :

Holly said...

I bet it has been busy! Christmas flew by! Your dinner sounds quite yummy!!

That was nice of Teresa so surprise the kids with those gifts. I'm sure they liked them!

Adrienne said...

Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas! So nice to have a friend like Teresa, that was so sweet of her!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like it was perfect. Have a blessed New Year.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio