Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Little Bit of Everything


Well as I sit here and type I was happy to not see any snow yesterday. It was actually sunny and warm down here in the valley. I did hear today that a couple of the ski resorts will be able to ski until the 4th of July. That just sounds so funny.

I remember when I first moved here I heard the snow capped mountains usually stay like that until the 4th of July. This year they will probably never leave. I know that is how there water supply works here so we should be good.


Well lots of reasons to smile lately.
Monday Ridge had a field trip and so did Thaniqua. Ridge went to Virginia City which is about 20 minutes away. It's sorta like a ghost town , lots of mining there. He was supposed to get to ride the train there but I guess there was issues so he couldn't. He had fun anyway.

Thaniqua went to the Railroad Museum here in town. They walked it is about half hr away from the school. The weather was bad so they weren't gone as long as they should have , couldn't have there picnic. The teacher brought them back early and they ate in there classroom and watched a movie. She said she had lots of fun anyway.

Jennifer goes on a trip today and I will be at school all day as it is end of year awards. So I'm sure I will do a post on that. :) Still so hard to believe that school is done Friday. Another year gone by too quick.

Also I just heard that a wonderful friend on FB her son is in the hospital. Please keep them in your prayers. Thank you so much. <3
Photobucket

3 comments :

Holly said...

Hope the kids enjoy(ed) their trips!!

trennia said...

Sounds like they had alot of fun!

betty said...

I haven't been to Virginia City in years, but it is a fun city; glad Ridge's class could go there!! Poor Thaniqua's class though; sounds like they got a little "short changed" but it does sound like it was a fun time for them!!

I think it is cool to see the snow; when it gets really hot, you can look up there and remember the coolness of a winter day :)

betty

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio