Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Wow , What A Coyote ..........

Wow , yes it's true........

Walking home from school we pass a open field that sometimes has cattle in it. Most of the time they are at the other end & we don't really see them. The kids enjoy it when we do since we are from the farming area in Ohio.

Well we were almost halfway home Thursday and Ridge was walking beside me and the stroller. Marie and Jennifer were right behind us. All of a sudden Ridge says Mom look there is a COYOTE !! I looked and right there it was not really that far from the fence. It was going the other way so I just took Jennifer's hand & told the kids to just keep walking. I looked back a few times but didn't see anything. I really wasn't scared just nervous. I know they are around here cause I have heard them at night. My main concern was to just get the kids home safe. I told Paul when he got home from work. Well the kids were outside so he already knew part of it. He a guy sorta giggled but then I told him you never know what they might do. I bet from now on when we walk by that field we look a little closer. :)

It was sorta funny just a couple wks ago Paul told me he seen two over by where he works. Which is right by the airport. They usually are not out in the daytime so he thought it was odd too. I have seen foxes and other animals in Ohio. I guess it was just the idea of it all and the kids were all with me. Well Friday was the 13th and we didn't see anything so Ridge said from now I will be the MAN while were out walking. What a sweetheart but he said Mom , God was watching over us just like always. I told him Yes , that is very true.


6 comments :

Jesson Balaoing said...

try this, earn dollars by just clicking ads, expends 30 secs for viewing ads and gain dollars.
http://www.neobux.com/

trennia said...

WoW!
That sounds cool to see!

Debbie said...

My in-laws live in Santa Fe and they see wild animals like that all the time, but it's just scary for me. I love what Ridge said! ~Debbie

Holly said...

I bet that coyote was scared of you guys and that's why it was going the other way. I think I would be a little nervous too, esp with the kiddos.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

lovely read today.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They scare me! I make sure I keep Skye on a leash at night because I want to be in control. If they are out during the day they are usually ill or desperate for food.
Now we meet a security guard one night who was watching over the new houses being built, ours being one of them, and he said that they don't go after people. Just make youself tall, arms up in the air and make noise!!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio