Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sharing about Our Children

Wow , I got to talk about our children and someone really listened. I was so happy because I'm not talking about our children that live on earth with me. I know wait a minute what could I possibly say about someone I never got the chance to meet.

A couple of months go we got a new landlord. She was nice but the past month I got the chance to talk to her. She seemed really friendly. I went in to pay our rent a month ago and she was decorating for Christmas. We chatted about decorations and so on. She asked me if I enjoyed being a Mom ?? Sorta seemed funny but this gang can be something else at times. She told me her husband was killed in a auto accident 11 yrs ago. I told her I was sorry. She told me she is excited because her son's wife is pregnant with a little boy , due in April 2011. She has other grandchildren but this will be the first one to carry on her husbands name. She told me her daughter in law lost a son early last yr. I told her I was sorry and she said it has been hard. I told her I really understand. I lost two children due to miscarriages. She said Wow , I could never tell but I know you sure love your kids. We talked , I told her about some websites I found comfort in. I took my new calander I ordered for Christmas from Carly that writes Names in the Sand. She looked at a few of the sites online and was really happy. Her daughter in law really is holding a lot in and thinks maybe this might really help her. Of course carrying her rainbow is bittersweet for all of them. Her son was born still at 37 wks , no problems just went to her appt and No Heartbeat. I'm going to get to meet her next weekend , I'm excited.

For a present our landlord bought her Grandson's name in the sand and a calander for her daughter in law. She even got one for herself. She thought what a beautiful way to help others in healing and to honor her son. I was just so happy I could share with someone and put a smile on her face.

5 comments :

Holly said...

I'm glad you will get to meet her. I'm sure you will help her immensely!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love when God puts us in the right place at the right time. How wonderful that you were able to share your story with her and help her to help her DIL. I know that it makes your heart feel good to do that. What a beautiful story.

Stephanie said...

That is so awesome you get to meet and offer her support. I know you are the perfect person to do so.

Sarita Boyette said...

That is such a blessing that you were able to help these grieving parents and grandmother!I know you are excited to meet the BLM and talk to her. If I can help by making a tag for her, please send me the baby's name. xoxo

Debbie said...

I agree with everyone else. You can really help this lady when you meet her; you are so kindhearted. ~Debbie

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio