Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day Gifts

Well I'm a little late on posting these. We had a pretty good day. It was sorta stressful but it always is for me and Paul to. His Father passed away when he was 12 so I know it is tough. He watched NASCAR and tried to catch up on sleep. I took the girls for a walk and we ended up being gone longer than I planned but Hey at least he got to watch the race and play on computer w/out all the noise.

I came home and fixed Chicken Breasts , Baked Potatoes, Corn on the Cob so he was happy for that.

The kids before school was out made gifts for Dad. I don't really remember making something for my Dad. I know we did for Mom. Anyway I thought I would share what they made.

Jennifer made a paper weight. A few weeks ago for her homework they had to go find a rock. Dad took her and I knew what it was for. I thought it was so sweet he helped her pick out his Father's Day Present and he didn't even know it.





Ridge made a Father's Day Card but it is so special. His teacher always has such good ideas. I just love it and she took the time to take there pics for everyone in the class.






Marie wrote this , it was on a paper to big to scan so I retyped it.

" I Am Marie "

I am funny and smart.
I wonder if I will be a teacher someday.
I want my own room.
I am funny and smart.
I pretend I'm a dog.
I worry keeping my family safe.
I cry when I get hurt.
I am funny and smart.
I understand math and spelling.
I say I love God.
I dream of meeting my Mom's friend Holly.
I try to be a better reader.
I hope no one would fight.
I am funny and smart.

I thought she did very good and Dad liked it too.

Also I was going to make a Father's Day cake but while grocery shopping Saturday , Jennifer found a huge cookie decorated for Father's Day at Wal*Mart. So I said it was ok since they bought me a cake from there. Anyway it was good and Dad liked it.



All in all it was a nice Father's Day and the gifts were wonderful because they were all handmade.

7 comments :

Lilly's Mom (Desiree) said...

glad that you all had a good Father's Day!!

trennia said...

Those are so sweet!
Luv that card it is too cute!

Sarita Boyette said...

I know he loves his gifts because the kids made them and they were certainly from the heart.Happy Belated Father's Day to Paul!

Sarita Boyette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
betty said...

loved Ridge's card and picture! you are right; his teacher had great ideas!! Marie's poem was cute too and loved Jennifer's rock.I think a lot of times gifts weren't made for dads because school was out already.

sounds like Paul had a good day and a delicous dinner and dessert!

betty

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a pretty nice day. The gifts are wonderful, I hope he loved them.

Holly said...

Great presents!! And when I read that one line of Marie's poem and I just went, "Awwwwww!"

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio