Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

MEMORIAL DAY

Happy Memorial Day to all. This day means so much to me. It's more than just parades & swimming & picnics. It's a day to remember those who have served for our country & the ones that still are. I can remember as a child going to parades & seeing my Grandpa be in the parade for serving in World War I. He was one of few left in the county I'm from in Ohio. After he passed away I was older & in the parades myself w/ the school. It still was a day that meant alot to me for the right reasons. Also it was a time to go to the graveyard & plant flowers & remember those who died. Now that I live in Nevada it's not so easy to go to the graveyard & plant things or go just to visit. My Father died in 1986 & I was only 21. I miss him so much, he was such a awesome father. Again Happy Memorial Day !!!!!!!

0 comments :

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio