Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy 20 Years Old Fremont

My children's school turned 20 years old in September. So the school has a ice cream social every September so this year they changed it up & had a birthday party. 

It was fun & soooooooooo YUMMY !!!!

The year round school has been around for 40 yrs or better from what I have been told. It really is a wonderful school. I know I said it has been 40 yrs but they built a new school which is now 20 yrs old hope that makes sense. 

It was all free cake & ice cream you could eat. They also invited a lot of the older teachers back that had retired so nice to see a good turnout from everyone. 

The sad part to this school year is the district wants to take it away & go back to regular school calendar which I do not agree with so there is small group of parents that are trying very hard to show the district ways to prove our point. I'm really praying that they don't lose this. I know as a parent my children have learned so much in this school & following the year round plan. I could talk forever about this but going to stop & put it in God's hands. 




I am so in love with this picture of my girls. I took it at the school & it turned out perfect. Paul had to work that Saturday & Ridge had other plans so it was just the girls & I but we had a blast.

Photobucket

2 comments :

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like a fun time. I know growing up without year round schooling I wanted my children to enjoy summers off like I did. On the other hand I do know that year round school would have worked in favor of my daughters education. She could have used the year round motivation.

betty said...

I do like the picture of the three girls together, Caroline! They look like they had a great time! I was the traditional school system and I have to say the 3 months off could get so boring at times. I do like the year round concept and the parents here in the districts that use it like it too. I hope your school district keeps what has been working and not go to anything different.

betty

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio